Frequently Asked Questions
What does Cupping treat?
Cupping is a powerful detoxifying, pain relieving, and energy building modality that people all over the world use for health maintenance. A few of the conditions cupping has been known to have a positive effect on include:
- Colds and Influenza
- Bronchial Asthma and Congestion
- Gynecological Disorders
- Kidney, Liver, and Gallbladder disorders
- Gastric and Intestinal Disorders
- Dermatological disorders
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- High Blood Pressure, Stroke
- Anxiety and Insomnia
- Postsurgical adhesions
- Post Injury Trauma
- Improves scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, etc.
- Musculoskeletal pain, spasms, cramps, stiffness, tightness and many more
What can I expect as far as physical effects from suction cup therapy?
The effects of cupping are more intense at the onset of treatments and taper off as your system becomes accustomed to the treatments as they cumulate. General effects include:
- the need for sleep
- night sweats
- intense hunger (munchies)
- heightened senses (smell, sight, sound)
- no appetite
- food cravings
- thirst and cotton mouth
- emotional release
- exhaustion (as your body gets rid of toxins)
- stronger than normal bowel and urine odors
- increased bowel elimination
- skin surface warmer than usual
- stronger body odor (detox)
- "best nights sleep in years"
- restless (wanting to clean, organize, etc.)
- inability to sleep
- soreness (i.e. after strenous exercise)
- vivid dreams
- feeling of reduced mass, increased height
What's the explanation of the marks or discoloration that sometimes occur as a result of suction cup therapy?
A common and unfortunate misconception regarding cupping is the misinterpretation of the discoloration. These are NOT "bruises" as cupping therapy does not cause injury when done properly by a trained professional. "Bruising" is caused by impact trauma with breakage of capillaries and a subsequent reactionary rush of fluids to the damaged area from the tissue compression/injury. There is NO COMPRESSION in properly employed suction cup therapy. Although it is quite common during Stationary Cupping (left static for 520 min.) to achieve dramatic 'marks' or 'discolourations', the less aggressive action of moving the cups in massage cupping minimizes the intensity and duration of the discolorations.
Often, when a condition exists within deeper structures where sufficient pathologic factors and stagnant fluids (toxins, blood, and lymph) are dredged up during treatment, discoloration will appear on the skin. THIS is the THERAPEUTICALLY DESIRED EFFECT. The more this is visible, the greater the level of stagnation and toxicity. The discoloration will fade in a few days. As treatments cumulate and the release of stagnation and buildup has been dispursed or drainedusually by the 3rd or 4th treatment no discoloration is likely to occur. This is clearly the result of having internal unwanted toxins systematically purged. If you have further questions or would like more information, please contact us at 678.252.9211 or email@example.com. If you'd like to read more about cupping therapy, feel free to visit the International Cupping Therapy Association website at www.cuppingtherapy.org.
What are some benefits to Cupping therapy?
- Deep tissue work and release without discomfort
- Moves cellular stagnation and drains fluids
- Relieves Inflammation
- Nervous System Sedation
- Breaks Up and Expels Congestion
- Stretches Muscles and Connective Tissues
- Loosens Adhesions
- Pulls blood supply to the skin
- Strengthens the immune system by promoting the flow of lymphatic fluid
- Relieves muscle and joint stiffness, pain, arthritis
- Treats fever, stress, depression, and anxiety
- Cleans the blood and lymph and helps to balance pH levels
Is Cupping therapy safe for anyone?
Cupping therapy is SAFE for people of all ages. However, their are conditions contraindicated for cupping therapy to include severe conditions (i.e. cardiac and renal failure, hemorrhagic diseases, hernias, etc.) BEFORE any therapy is rendered, each patient is evaluated to ensure cupping therapy is an appropriate course of therapy (elective or corrective).
Serving up everything you need to live life abundantly!!
Partnering with Righteous Freedom Yoga for local yoga classes!
Exam, Consultation, and 1st Adjustment
Students/Active Military- $75
Children (ages 0-10) - $45 (no charge if adult exam included)
Veterans/Seniors - $60
AND...Complimentary Massage redeemable after your 3rd active referral AT NO CHARGE TO YOU!!!!
Sign-up using the form or call us at 678-386-3429 to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
I was thoroughly impressed with Dr. McCarty’s professionalism and expertise; yet she was very personable. I’ve used her chiropractic, cupping, and personal training services and leave every session more informed than the last.
Thomas S. -
Request an Appointment
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.Read More